- Heavenly isn’t very friendly to snowboarders. There are tons of flats. From California to Nevada (Skyline Trail), Round a bout, etc.
- I expect resorts to have internet connection or reliable wifi at lodges. They’re often a central place to meet up, and not having internet makes this loads more difficult.
- Nobody wants to end the day waiting for a gondola to bring them down, but Heavenly doesn’t have any runs from East Peak Lodge to Boulder Lodge. At California Lodge, there are no beginner friendly routes down.
- There aren’t many beginner friendly runs. The runs that are are also spread apart.
That said, there are some nice aspects as well.
- It’s close to Nevada, so gambling is allowed.
- They have powder house nearby, which has incredibly cheap rentals and great employees.
- They have one of the best views and challenging (imo) double blacks.